Monday, September 15, 2014

How To: Paper Art

Believe it or not, I still have projects from Florida to share! Seriously, we did so much while I was down there. This one is a simple craft project I helped my cousin Emily with. She wanted a cheap way to add some color to her apartment walls, so she asked me to help her with covering canvases with fun paper that worked with her furniture. It is seriously an easy project (if your stapler is nice to you!).


Materials:

  • Canvas (however many you want & the size you want - we did 12x12)
  • Fancy Paper (suggestions for my favorite places are below)
  • Stapler & Staples - standard
The most expensive part of the project is most likely your sheets of fun paper, but those are only around $5.00 usually! For canvases, check out Michaels for their bulk packs, plus they usually have good coupons. 

How To:
  • Cut your paper down to the size of your canvas, but leave enough room to wrap around the edges.
  • Fold in the edges like you are wrapping a present - look at the corners below.
  • Open up your stapler, so you can press it into the paper - make sure you press down really hard and avoid the canvas staples.


That's seriously it! So easy and I think they turned out cute:


I like mixing busy patterns with simple patterns - having the florals with the chevron & polka dots. Since my wonderful Aunt Mary is a paper hoarder (in the best possible way), the cost of this project was around $10 for the canvases. How cheap is that! If you want a more formal look, you can also frame your pretty paper like I did in our office.

Paper is from Paper Source - here is a similar print.

My favorite spots for gorgeous paper are as follows:

1. World Market | 2. Paper Source | 3. Paper Mojo | 4. Rifle Paper Co.
If you have a blank wall or some paper that you are loving, this is a great way to show it off. Get to it!

Lots of Love,

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!