Saturday, July 26, 2014

How to: Clean a Chalkboard Wall



End of last year we put a wonderful chalkboard wall in our office. Recently I tried to clean it and did a BIG NO NO - tried cleaning it with water. I know it seems like a reasonable idea, but ugh, it ruined my wall. I didn't know what to do, so I started searching online. I put some tips together and really liked the idea of cleaning it with vinegar. I really wish I would have done this in the first place because I have some water spots that are still peaking through. That's why I am sharing - to stop you from spotting up your beautiful black chalkboard wall!

You can barely see what I wrote because our wall was such a mess!
First, you need to wipe whatever you have drawn on your board off with an eraser - I like to use the Mr. Clean magic erasers.
Second, try to wipe off the excess chalk dust with a dry cloth.
Final step, fill a bucket or bowl with warm water. Then mix in a 1/2 cup of vinegar. Soak a cloth in the mix and make sure to ring it out. Next with a flat side of the cloth, wipe sections of your board in horizontal strokes. Viola! Should look better.
Most important thing to remember, DO NOT CLEAN YOUR CHALKBOARD WITH WATER! I love character, but not the hot mess kind! I want my board to be ready for new creations. You don't have to do this all the time, just on occasion. I use my magic eraser on a regular basis and it works fine.

Lots of Love,

17 comments:

  1. Yes , I've tried this before with the vinegar and the board becomes really nice and black! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the magic erasers, do you wet them first or use them dry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used this method and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked wonderfully! Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just created a chalkboard wall. Will definitely try this. Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. How to Clean Shower Curtain with Bleach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good cleanup will certainly guarantee your green area rug is often a balanced along with safe and sound household indoor decor provided that essential. Carpet cleaners approaches get in most cases always been a similar. Dry out cleanup is surely an substitute alternative that may be quite powerful, ecological warm and friendly, usually takes a lesser amount of occasion, fees a lesser amount of, along with safer to conduct. How to Clean an Area Rug with Pressure Washer (Easy Guide)

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you have a suggestion of what kind of chalk to order, or do I get these chalkboard pens that keep popping up in my search? I have one chalkboard painted wall that I've never used that I think now I can use it while working at home...But, what should I order to write on it for EASIEST removal daily, not like a whole vinegar project. For me,realistically, that might be more of a weekly or monthly thing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. instagram likes and followers app

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. fyn rengøring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. rugs on sale

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool, please guidance so that I can create a blog like yours

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for the information provided, we are waiting for the next info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pressure washing is the best way to clean and prepare surfaces such as the deck or exterior walls for painting and refinishing. Pressure washing ensures hard-to-reach areas within crevices and cracks are reached, preparing any surfaces for renovation better than other cleaning solutions. outside cleaning

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!