Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fireplace Tiles

When I was down in Florida a year ago (for the big wedding shindig!), I helped my Aunt Mary come up with a way to spruce up her fireplaces. We decided that to brighten up the room, she should paint her mantel and built-ins white (they were a medium color of wood) and that she needed to replace the tiles on both fireplaces. Pinterest was a great help for finding tile inspirations. When I came back down last spring, she was having the tile installed - I could tell I was going to love it! I was so excited to come back this past month, so I could see the total transformation. It did wonders and I'm in love with the final look...

Formal Living Room Fireplace...





Family Room Fireplace:



Photos via me
I love how she picked similar tile, but the different colors for each room.  The white also made a huge HUGE difference because it made the room brighter and more modern. I tried really hard to find a before picture because she didn't have any...this picture of my cousin and I from seriously 6+ years ago was the best I could do:


Ha, so ignore the people and check out the darker wood in the background - painting it white was such a nice change! The tile on the fireplace in the family room had leaf imprints and the one in the living room had white squares - both look more chic with the subway style tile. I love that seaglass subway tile in her family room and might figure out a way to incorporate it into our house somewhere. It is so chic and classic!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!