Sunday, November 17, 2013

Outdoor Christmas Decorations

I know Christmas seems far away, but it is going to creep up on us quickly! Today Dustin and I were talking about what we should do for the outside of our house this year. It is our first Christmas here, so we are starting with a blank slate. Being a little worn out from Halloween, we were lacking ideas. Luckily, it was like my friend, Meg, could read my mind and pinned the perfect idea! We could put wreaths on our windows since we have the perfect symmetrical setup for that. I also love the idea of garland framing our front door.

Image via Between Naps on the Porch
Image via Jessica Holland
Image via Pottery Barn
After discussing with my mom, we decided to spice it up a little and use colored lights. Our neighborhood is perfect for fun festive lights, plus our house is white and needs a little color boost. The hard part with hanging wreaths on all the windows is the cost. We have nine (NINE!) windows and I was worried it would cost a fortune. Another lucky moment for the day, my mom and I were wandering around Target and found that their battery operated wreaths were on sale! At $15 a piece, they were a steal because ones I had found online were $40+. Plus, the battery pack has a timer on it. I also scored some garland on sale for our front door. If you are needing pre-lit garland or wreaths, buy them this week so you can score these prices! Both come in white and colored lights:

Image via Target

Image via Target
I know what you're thinking, those wreaths look plain. Well have no fear because my years helping my mom at The Plaid Giraffe taught me how to make some awesome bows! I found this great classic plaid ribbon at Target (plaid is hot this holiday season). I like buying a plain wreath because now I can change up the ribbon on it next season and give it a whole new look for $20.

Image via Target
Hopefully this gets your festive brain juices flowing and you can come up with some fun ideas for your casa. It is a great way to add some character to your home for the holidays!

Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!