Sunday, November 24, 2013

Our Kitchen: Before & After

I got around to taking some pictures of our kitchen yesterday and thought I would share! When we bought our house I definitely had a vision for our kitchen and it was basically the complete opposite of what we started with. I saw that it had good bones and knew with a little paint we could make it exactly what we wanted.

The Before...



The After...



Replacing that terrible back door was the first thing we did. Next, we hired an amazing woman to paint our cabinets white. After discussing, we decided we didn't want to risk ruining our cabinets by doing it ourselves, and it worked out because the girl we used was affordable and professional. We then decided to use the green from my last house because it worked so well with white wood work. The pictures are showing the green darker than how it looks in person. We had Sherwin Williams match Valspar's Jalapeno Jelly:


The favorite parts of our kitchen are all the little touches:













MacKenzie Childs is obviously a favorite of mine! Their White Flower Market pattern is a great look with my color scheme. I am also obsessed with the Courtly Check Square Hanging Lamps we decided to use in our windows. They add so much character! The gold polka dot Heirloom Water Glasses are also MacKenzie Childs and were favorites on our wedding registry. The green glasses are Juliska and are beautiful for everyday drinkware. The zebra and giraffe are salt and pepper shakers from Kate Spade's home collectionIf you are local, all these pieces can be found at The Plaid Giraffe!
The Campbell's Soup cans a-la Andy Warhol style were a fun find at Target a while back and I love the pop of color they add. Mrs. Meyer's soap is such a cute addition to any sink and no paper towel roll should be without a beautiful base! The green Kitchen Aid Mixer is the cutest appliance I own (and the only one I really love having on our countertops). I love our kitchen and we are in the progress of designing a kitchen island which will make it that much better (and functional).

The kitchen is where families spend a lot of time, so I think they should have a lot of character and suit your personality. You can do big transformations or small things here or there. Adding a cute soap or some fun canisters can make you smile - which can be needed while slaving away in the kitchen!

Lots of Love,



1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!