Monday, February 13, 2017

Galentine's Wine Tasting & Cookie Decorating




There were so many fun events this weekend at the shop, I was having a hard time trying to decide what to share! Since today has been dubbed as Galentine's Day, I figured it would be appropriate to share the details from our Galentine's Wine Tasting last night! I worked with Whitney from Jacob's Liquor here in Wichita and it was so much fun. We started planning a while back and the event quickly sold out. We wanted it to be a fun night out for ladies to spend with their friends, while meeting some new ones!






For the setup, we cut one of my favorite Rifle Paper Co. wrapping sheets into fourths to use as placemats. With the blush pink and red pops, I thought it would make for a gorgeous valentine look (plus I loved having a rose print since one of the wines was Rosé). We then drew circles where the wine glasses would go and I labeled with the wine type. Whitney sent over the wine notes and I printed them on pink slips of paper to set at each place setting. She was also nice enough to supply Riedel wine and champagne glasses, which truly add to the tasting experience. It all came together for a simple and pretty  look!








Food is an important component to a wine tasting because you want it to compliment the wines being served. Whitney sent me some recommendations and I went to the fancy cheese section at Dillon's (our local grocery store) to pick them up. My mom and I added in the Smoked Gouda because cheese shaped as hearts was too cute to pass up! We paired the cheeses with our Valentine favorite, heart shaped Lavosh crackers, and then some good butter and sesame crackers. For some pops of color, we added grapes and strawberries, which worked well with the Prosecco that was being served first. We also added some almonds for a nut option. I served the food on my Annie Glass pieces, a party favorite of mine when you want a simple, but fancy look. As for the paper partyware, I decided it would be fun to use rose gold plates with complimenting the napkins. These napkins are my favorite because who doesn't want to be told they look pretty today? Perfect for a Galentine's event!






For the wines, Whitney chose a bubbly, rosé and red. The rosé and red wines were perfect for Valentine's! The rosé had a rose shaped bottom and the red wine, a big red heart on the front bottle. Every wine was delicious and you can purchase them at Jacob's Liquor Exchange here in Wichita. Perfect if you are needing a last minute Galentine or Valentine gift! Whitney talked through each of the wines and answered the guests' questions. She did such a wonderful job and made the tasting so much fun! Once everyone had tried their wines, we were on to the next activity: cookie decorating. I worked with Sweet Sugarlicious again (fav of mine!) to make naked cookies for the guests to decorate. She also provided icing bags for them to use, which definitely made it easy for everyone. It was fun seeing all of the creative decorating. Since it was dark out at this point, my pictures didn't turn out, but I did snag one of our favorite local calligrapher and card maker's cookie (talking about you Rachel, from Lindeman Carte!):


It was such a fun night! Thank you to everyone that attended, I hope you had the best time. Thank you Whitney for doing a fabulous tasting and picking great wines for everyone to try! Also, special shout out to my mother for helping serve the wine throughout the night and for help setting up. Whitney and I are working on some future events, so definitely follow along on social media or e-mails to hear when we announce them! This one sold out fairly quick. 



Happy Galentine's Day!
Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!