Sunday, November 30, 2014

IKEA Hack - Bar Cart

A couple weeks ago I told you all about the utility cart I purchased at IKEA. Well this weekend, I finally got around to the redo! In case you missed the last post or don't remember what the basic cart looks like, here it is:

BYGEL Utility Cart - IKEA
It doesn't look bad or anything, I just wanted to give it some more character. I decided to stay simple and just go with the gold and white look. I figured I could then add some color with the items I put on the cart and I could change it up for different parties. Honestly, all you have to do is spray paint everything that is silver, including your screws. Don't forget, my go to spray paint for gold is Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold. I dressed it up fun to show on the blog, don't feel like you have to go all out for everyday...unless you want to! Always fun to have a little corner of party in your house.

Tada...




It has a nice drawer for storage - great place for extra cocktail napkins, koozies and straws! I also had some fun plastic silverware to put in there.

I found the cute liquor candies while in Florida at their World Market - if you live in a state where you can buy liquor at a grocery store, you should be able to find them.
It's amazing what a can of $3 spray paint can do! In total, this bar cart cost me less than $35 to make. Plus, the good new is that IKEA now has regular shipping rates. If you aren't near an IKEA or you get anxiety going there, you can order online and shipping looks to be around $10 (at least to my address). Leaves you with money to go buy cute wine and liquor to stock the cart with - Dustin just loved going on that liquor run...not!

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!