Saturday, June 14, 2014

Family Fiesta!

My little brother, Mikey, has been in town this week, and we wanted to have a family dinner to celebrate! I invited everyone over to my house, so they could see the updates (and so Mikey could see the house not as the frat house he made it!). We decided on Mexican food because who doesn't love enchiladas and guac (seriously, my mom and Steve's guacamole is to die for!). I of course, had to have fun serving pieces and glasses ready for the get together. In college, my friend Dana and I threw a Cinco de Mayo party and I had found these fab Margarita glasses that looked like the ones at our favorite Mexican restaurants - you know, the kind with the green cactus stems. Those were perfect for this shindig because we made our fam favorite Margaritas. We had bartender Mikey make them for us and somehow they are now called Mike-aritas! We use tequila, triple sec, Corona Lights and frozen limeade mix - so tasty! My cousin Kelly made delicious enchiladas and we of course munched on chips all night. Overall, the night was a fabulous success and the weather was gorgeous!

Love Spider Mums for an outdoor table. The fun citronella candles came from TJ Maxx (recently, so they might have more!) and I love my pink lighter from the Target Dollar Section! 

Teddy loves a good party!

Chair cushions were also scores from TJ Maxx and Ross.
Pulled out my Oh Joy! for Target barware for the party & I love the pink flamingo sticks I found at Target in the Dollar Section. They recently changed up the Oh Joy! collection and I'm loving it!

Grandma's pies are seriously gorgeous and make for great party decoration! We had Key Lime and Chocolate - yes I had a piece of each!
Used my MacKenzie Child's and Annie Glass cake plates to hold the fabulous pies. 
Used all of my wonderful and bright MacKenzie Child's Flower Market serving pieces!
Here are my fun Marg glasses I scored at the Dollar Tree - I think they have them every once and a while.
Table turned out fun and bright - perfect for a Family Fiesta! Placemats and paper plates are from Target.



Yes you are seeing a different pitcher - we had a lot of Margaritas going on :) This pitcher is Juliska and goes with my pottery - perfect for margs!
All of the Annie Glass, Juliska and MacKenzie Child's was purchased locally at my favorite store, The Plaid Giraffe. They are having their aMAZing birthday sale next Thursday - Friday, so make sure to go check it out!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!