Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Gold Balloons

Miss Paige has her birthday tomorrow and we are having a fun dinner at one of her fav places to celebrate. I was in charge of decorations, so I decided to try a balloon design I had been wanting to do for a while. While roaming Pinterest, I found an idea to paint the bottom of a balloon with gold paint. It looked so fun and easy, I had to give it a try.

I went to Party City and purchased some white balloons with the high float helium (so they last longer)...

Then I got to work. I learned a lesson today and found a new product:
Lesson - Acrylic gold paint does not look good painted on balloons.
Favorite New Paint - Liquid Gold Leaf
I luckily already purchased the gold leaf paint for another project I am working on. Once I tried the gold paint, I knew it wasn't going to work. I started applying the gold leaf and viola! the look I was going for. It has a great shine to it and looks like a true gold. Seriously, it's my new craft staple!




While doing the project, I seriously thought it would be so fun to open up a balloon decorating business...probably wouldn't be the most profitable, but it would be fun!

Hopefully the balloons can add a pop of gold and character to our table tomorrow night! I was going for the fancy look ("I'm so fancy!") and the birthday girl better be feeling fancy. I made other cute things for the table and I can't wait to post pictures after the party to show  you all - if it turns out that is! Amy is baking a fancy torte, so you know that's going to be good! Can't wait to celebrate Paige turning another year older :)

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!