Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Santa Letters

Every family has their own Christmas traditions. In my family, Christmas Eve is our big night with the Lacy family. Those that can come/stay in Wichita, we have a big dinner at Grandma's and we do a fun Secret Santa gift exchange. I already told you about the fun we had in Western Kansas with Dustin's family. Growing up, we had other traditions that we celebrated as children. Our Christmas wishlists were sent up to the "North Pole" where Santa - aka Grandpa - would write us gorgeous letters back. I love having those now and this year my mom and I put them into an album, so we could keep them safe:




Photos by me
My grandpa had the best calligraphy handwriting and knowing that, my mom asked him if he would respond to our wishlists. If you have someone in your family that loves doing things like this, I recommend having them write back to your kids! Start while they are really young. My grandpa is no longer with us, so having these letters means a lot to my brother and I.

Some other fun ideas for Santa traditions:
Most already know about this fun little elf! I had to put it on here because I'm so excited to do this tradition one day!
http://www.elfontheshelf.com/
I used to babysit for a family that would put Santa steps coming out of the fireplace.
Photo via Pinterest.
I love these personalized Santa sacks! Fun way to deliver presents from the North Pole.
People also love shaking sleigh bells outside the windows, creating footsteps in the snow & my parents always signed the gift tags with "From: Santa" on the Santa presents.

I hope you are all ready for a very Merry Christmas Eve and enjoy spending time with your family! If you have little ones at home, good luck putting together the presents!

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!