Sunday, December 22, 2013

On the Road Again

We headed West this weekend for Dustin's family Christmas celebrations. Luckily, the roads weren't bad Saturday morning and we were able to start our journey. Road trip essentials:


My necessities are a Starbucks (Grande Non-fat Chai), my nook and a good magazine - even though I'm already married, I still loved reading the new Southern Weddings magazine and if you are getting married soon, you need this 2014 issue! It also helped that my savvy husband got the KU basketball game on his phone for me to watch.

Before we reached Garden City for Geyer Christmas, we decided to make a pit stop in Cimarron to see Hailey and Jake. Hailey is from there and was back for the weekend. She told me about the cute drug store there, so I convinced Dustin we needed a 15 minute shopping stop. So glad I did! Clark Pharmacy is an adorable small town drug store with great finds. They have adorable kitchen stuff, holiday decorations, gifts and good milkshakes. If you are ever traveling that way, make sure you stop! These are the fun Christmas items I found:


Photos via me
Hailey and I fell in love with the stand up vintage Santas. I also found these cute placemats - got the red ones for my grandma because she loves birds. I also loved the cute vintage print ornament that says "Meet me under the mistletoe!"

After our shopping stop, we arrived at his aunt and uncle's house outside of Garden City. It was fun catching up with everyone and seeing all the new babies. Dustin was in charge of pinatas this year because we had so much leftover candy from Halloween - party guests brought too much! His monkey and cowboy boot pinatas were a hit - he was very proud. Then, after feasting all day and playing cards, we headed to Liberal to see his grandparents on the Billings side. It is always fun to see them and all their fun Christmas decorations. They go all out and put us to shame! I can always find their house because they have really fun decorations outside.

Overall it was a great weekend and it is always good to see family! Hopefully you all were safe in this crazy weather and you were able to enjoy the snow. Countdown to Christmas - 3 days!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!