Thursday, December 12, 2013

Basket Full of Goodies!

My Aunt Mary is at it again! She makes the best holiday baskets and she definitely out did herself this Christmas! She is so crafty and seriously finds the best little knick knacks that are fun and bring a smile to your face. While I was in college, she would send me Christmas countdown presents to help me get through finals - my roommates hated me during the month of December because I got a little present everyday. Her and my cousin Emily even put countdown presents together for my wedding! So creative and seriously so thoughtful - love you Aunt Mary!

I decided to share the goodies with you all, no not to brag (even though you should be jealous!), but to help you if you are needing any last minute ideas for people. I should have seriously considered asking her to put together a Christmas wishlist because she managed to find the cutest pieces from my favorite places: Kate Spade, Anthropologie & Rifle Paper Co. - she's good!

To start, look at her amazing wrapping:


My mom and I didn't even want to open them because they were so cute! At the same time, we were so excited to tear them apart because we could see the treasures within. They were beyond our expectations:


Rifle Paper Co. was all over my Christmas Wishlist post and Aunt Mary knows they are a favorite of mine (they were my wedding inspiration). I'm obsessed with these cute coasters and the adorable box they came it - it would be a perfect hostess or last minute gift! The notebooks are always a good classic to have around and she even used Rifle Paper Co. wrapping paper (this is an after opening the box picture).
Great place for fun gifts that people love, but don't want to buy for themselves: http://riflepaperco.com/


Kate Spade is a favorite designer of mine because she is classic with a touch of fun! Aunt Mary nailed me on the head with these scores. Loving the little wallet because it fits perfect in clutches and love LOVE this bangle - it will go perfect with my gold Kate Spade bride bangle!
For the women in your life: http://www.katespade.com/


It goes without saying, Anthropologie is the perfect place for fun, unique gifts and it is my all time favorite store! How cute is everything she got there? I'm dying over this "M" clutch and that candle smells so good. And yes that is an apron and I'm contemplating wearing it as my Christmas outfit haha!
Online, the initial clutches are sadly out of stock, unless you are a Y. They do, however, have other aMAZing clutches and bags that would be a great gift for your mom, sister or any other favorite lady: Anthropologie Clutches.
Their aprons are always a major hit: Anthropologie Aprons
The mini blue mercury candle is the perfect "small" gift for stockings & friends: Anthropologie Candle
And they have some of the best hair ties around - perfect pick me up for yourself and also a great "small" gift: Anthropologie Hair Accessories


One of the best parts about Aunt Mary's gifts is all the character filled details! She made me felt ribbon candy, used vintage gift tags, and that cute blue package with the big bow is a Starbucks card! Why give it in the regular envelopes, when you can wrap it and put a big bow on it. I'm also very excited about the hot chocolate on a stick....has to taste amazing because that is one big piece of chocolate!

Another exciting piece of mail I received today was my Kate Spade Literary Glasses Planner! It was the color inspiration for our office and I'm so excited to start filling out important dates and blog notes in it.



I chose the Literary Glasses print because I wear awesome nerd glasses and I love the colors. These apparently became a hot item this holiday season because they are hard to find (trust me, I was so mad at myself for not just ordering right away!). If you are quick though, I have a couple places I found that are still carrying them:
Bloomingdales has the Kate Spade Rose Print Agenda.
Carlton University Bookstore (and they have 20% off!): Kate Spade Literary Glasses & Rose Agenda
You can also try checking out your local stores that carry Kate Spade products.

If you are still needing to shop, then I hope this gave you some ideas and inspiration for fun gifts! As much as people like to get practical things, they also love to get fun things that they don't want to buy for themselves. I love giving gifts that bring a smile to the person's face, and trust me when I say this gift basket brought a huge smile to my face!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!