Thursday, October 20, 2016

Glam Halloween Craft Party


When a middle school girl wants a Halloween Craft party for the girls in her class, she doesn't want just any craft party, she wants a glam party! The mom came in to figure out supplies and said the current look for these girls was gold and glamour. These are quite the sophisticated middle school girls! The pressure was on to style a fun, crafty event.




Since it was a craft party, I made the craft table the biggest. I wanted the girls to easily be able to get around and get their needed supplies. They decorated plastic goblets to use as candle holders for the spooky season. I stocked up on fun stickers, pipe cleaners, glitter paper and more, so they could make any kind of creepy character they wanted. To give them an idea on what to do, I made a sample that was more quirky than scary, but still fun.


I decided to focus the glam aspect on the table setup for dinner. In the shop I have lots of fun and spooky Halloween supplies, but glam was a little trickier to come up with on the spot. Then I remembered some fun gold and black plates I had gotten in earlier that week and knew they'd be perfect. We paired them with my favorite black cat napkins and I pulled some black goblets from the craft situation for drinks. In the center of the table I brought in some decorations from home: black candelabra, pumpkins and crows. I put a piece of fun marble paper underneath to add a different element to the table.




Photos are also important to girls at any age, especially when the hostess has a new Polaroid camera! A fun backdrop was a must and the mom wanted to incorporate the gold aspect. I used two plastic gold table cloths she brought in and covered the wall. Then I took streamers and made stripes a few inches apart. Gave a very haunted mansion, creepy wallpaper feel. Bat balloons were a perfect touch and I even added a banner to tie in the slogan from her invites.



Unfortunately, I was at Holiday Galleria working my booth, so I didn't get to attend the actual party, but don't worry, I left Dustin to hangout with all the giggling girls! They ended up loving the setup (thank goodness!) and sounds like they had a fun time. Crafting is always a good reason to get your girlfriends together and we have lots of great space to do so in our shop.



Stop by the shop this weekend to pickup supplies for your own Halloween parties before they are all gone! There are some fun things to choose from that will work for any age.

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!