Sunday, October 23, 2016

Wildflower Baby Girl Shower



My BFF is having a baby! Last weekend we celebrated my childhood best friend, Megan, who is a gorgeous mama-to-be. With one of her other childhood best friends, Emily, we hosted a flower filled baby shower. To set the scene for the shower, we picked out an adorable Rifle Paper Co. invitation from Paperless Post and sent it out to her family and friends. My favorite part was the lined envelope! I mean, who doesn't love a Rifle Paper Co. lined envelope?



From there, Emily and I got to work planning out the food, decor and favors. Food is an important part of a shower and to keep things easy to transport, we decided on quiches. Emily is the right co-hostess to put in charge of food because she made some delicious quiches! We also served fruit and cheese and crackers. For favors, Emily went to my favorite local spot for popcorn, The Popcorner, and got some yummy bags of popcorn. Fun, affordable baby shower favor if you put a little tag that says "ready to pop!" Then for the sweets, I decided to try a new cookie maker I met at the shop a few weeks ago: Sweet Sugarlicious by Wendy. I sent her an idea and the invitation for inspiration. I was blown away with the outcome! Meeting talented locals has been one my favorite things about having the shop.







Love how the cookies look on my favorite Annie Glass platters from The Plaid Giraffe.
Since it was a flower themed shower, I knew the flowers needed to be bright and pretty. I liked the idea of one big table where people could enjoy a family style brunch with the mom-to-be and when I remembered my mom had a long wooden candle holder, I knew it'd be perfect for flowers. We had Tonya at The Plaid Giraffe (my flower go to!) put small arrangements in gold votive holders. To save a little money, we put tealights in some of the holes. I loved the final result. It went really well with the Liberty of London floral and mint plates we chose from the shop.






To keep our guests entertained, we played a little game that we did at my cousin's baby shower a couple years ago: Price is Right! It's a fun way to give the mom-to-be some great necessities and give the guests a non-cheesy form of entertainment. I put Em in charge of picking out the items since she's a mom herself and we set them in a box to show our guests. We gave each person a "Price is Right" sheet, so they could try guessing how much each baby essential cost. They then tallied up their items and the person with the closest total won a Starbucks gift card. Worked out perfectly, because a friend whose having her second baby any day now won! She's going to be needing that free coffee.



Entertained the guests and Megan got a head start on some baby necessities! Overall it was a great shower and everyone seemed to have a good time showering her with some love and presents. Her nieces had a really good time and enjoyed having their own little table setup. They were even helpful when it came to opening presents!







Cake made by Emily with the traveling elephant that they have each received at their showers.
Thank you to everyone that came out and helped us celebrate our wonderful friend! I could tell she enjoyed being around everyone that loves her and already loves her baby girl! Megan, we seriously could not be more excited for you and Leo and your growing family! I hope you felt loved and enjoyed being spoiled on a Sunday morning.

Beautiful Mama-to-Be & Future baby Grandma
Friends Forever! So fun growing old with these girls and I'm definitely using them one day when I need mom advice! 
Shop this post at Love of Character, in store & online. Want to book a shower or event at Love of Character? Check out our party details & contact us!


B-A-B-Y Balloons | Liberty of London Dinner Plates | Pink Striped Dessert Plates | Wooden Forks | Marble Mint Napkins | Liberty of London Paper Cups

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!