Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Holiday Galleria Recap



This past weekend I setup shop at Junior League's annual Holiday Galleria. It was my second year at the show and I was excited to see how it would go now that I have an actual store front. I started my setup last Wednesday evening and then finished up on Thursday. My both this year was next to a trailer, so I was able to expand a little, which was definitely necessary since I had a lot of goods! Deciding what to bring was probably the hardest part this year. I decided to go with a little bit of everything: paper goods, party supplies and holiday.





It was fun to see what people were drawn to and to see how they responded to the sneak peek of Christmas items! Advent calendars were definitely a hot item (don't worry, I have more on the way) and it was fun having a big selection of paper goods this year. I definitely had some stationery lovers stop by, and I always love chatting with them on their favorites. There were things I thought would do well and didn't, and things I thought would be so so and sold out. Always hard to judge with the different crowds that show up!





Holiday items were also a hit, both Halloween and Christmas. Halloween wise, the Mean Girl inspired glasses, tumblers, hair clips, skull plates and cat napkins were popular. Christmas, the hair clips, Santa plates, cards and advent calendars. Halloween you can purchase in the shop now. Christmas will all be available the first weekend of November during our Holiday Open House (more details to come). 




Overall, it was a successful weekend! It was also awesome to be able to tell people that I have an actual storefront this year. It was fun seeing customers from last HG that didn't know I had opened up a store and sharing the good news. I also had a poster with pictures from different parties that have been hosted at the shop. Great way to get the word out about the event space and party planning.




Thank you to everyone that stopped in, shopped and visited! It was great meeting you and I appreciate the support. Also, big BIG thank you to everyone that helped me setup, work the booth and take down. Special thank you to Paige for hanging with me and covering me, Dustin for running a Halloween party at the shop and my mother for running the shop this weekend! I would not be successful without each and every one of you.


Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!