Thursday, January 22, 2015

Adding Character to a Laundry Room

My wonderful friend Grace from Singapore and I have been messaging about her cute new little abode lately, and she is having a hard time with her bland laundry room. I started giving her some ideas and then decided visuals are always the most helpful. For some inspiration, I put together a little guide to adding character to a little laundry room:

To start, you are the one stuck in your laundry room doing a chore, why not make it cheery and fun!

1. Quirky Lighting - This is a great place to play with affordable, yet fun lighting. IKEA is great for this: KNAPPA Pendant Lamp $25 | JONOSFAR Pendant Lamp $15

2. Funky Storage Pieces - Needed for your laundry supplies, sorting laundry and dry cleaning. These metal baskets from H&M home are fabulous. $20

3. Paint or Temp Wallpaper - Add some color or patterns to your room! Why not, it should be a space to play with fun colors and mix it up. I'm definitely considering doing some fun temp paper in ours and Etsy is a great place to find it: AccentuWall Blue Chevron Lines $35/strip

4. Fun Laundry Baskets - I love the graphic black and white stripe of this H&M laundry basket. Plus, I like that it seems easy to carry around when picking up laundry. $15

5. Vibrant Rug - Rugs are a perfect way to add a pop of color to your laundry room. This colorful rug from Urban Outfitters will do just the trick! $19-44

Everything above is a great price (with the exception of that fab navy washer & dryer set!), so giving your laundry room a little character can happen for under $200. I'm thinking about getting some of these pieces for ours! I think you could make this transformation in a morning if you start with a good Starbucks.

Lots of Love,

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!