Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gold Animal Stampede

I am decorating a table for this weekend's Emerald Ball and I decided to try one of my favorite Pinterest ideas: spray painting plastic animals! You all know how much fun I've had spraying painting things gold and that fun continued tonight. After work I ran by the Dollar Tree to find some plastic animals. Luckily, I found a few! Major score at only a $1 each. I unfortunately couldn't find the elephant at mine, but I ended up finding one at Michael's and was able to use a 40% off coupon to make it $4. They have a really wide variety of plastic animals and figurines if you are needing something specific.

All you need for this project is your plastic animals, gold spray paint and your protective gear (paint clothes, rubber gloves, plastic sheet, etc.)


This project turns a plastic toy animal into a classy fun home accessory in only two minutes!

Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold is the best gold spray paint!


Photos via me

I can't wait to use them on the table this weekend and I will post pictures of everything together. I'm then excited to use these beauties in my house - randomly set them around for fun!

Here are some fun ideas I spotted on Etsy for golden figurines...

Make them into name place cards!

Love the idea of making them pushpins!
Now get out there and start spraying things gold!

Lots of Love,

12 comments:

  1. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... purple gemstone rings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. garnet jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.june birthstones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acknowledges for paper such a beneficial composition, I stumbled beside your blog besides decipher a limited announce. I want your technique of inscription. pearl rings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. הדברת יונים

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.Hundemantel

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!