Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Painted Bag - Rifle Paper Co. meets Martha Stewart


Last month when I was flying to Florida, I picked up a Martha Stewart Living magazine and my heart skipped a beat when I stumbled upon the Anna Bond article. On her Instagram, I have seen her amazing hand painted Kate Spade bag she did for Fashion Week in Paris - I die! So, when I saw she was talking readers through a how to paint a bag, I figured I had to give it a try. I loved the fun shape and color of the Baggu bag, plus the paint colors she chose. If you purchase the magazine it talks you through the directions and tells you where to get leaves to trace - go out and purchase immediately before they switch months! If you feel comfortable with painting leaves, I think you can free hand them. I practiced on paper free handing and then I started painting the bag. Takes a little patience, but overall it's a pretty quick craft. I love how it turned out!




Make sure you let the layers dry. You will also have to go over things a couple times to really fill it in, especially the light blue and gold.



Before and After! Yes, I got a couple to paint because they are so fun - one is maybe ending up as a Christmas gift for someone :)
Photos via me
If you love to paint, give it a whirl! I loved painting the Baggu bag because the leather was soft and I felt like the brushes glided over nicely. I know they are a little more expensive, but if you are wanting a bag that you love, they have great pieces.

Lots of Love,

3 comments:

  1. Someone essentially help to make significantly posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual submit amazing. Wonderful job! best scope for muzzleloader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focal points are the most significant things in the degree. This is the thing that frames the picture. So how would you settle on a decision and comprehend the distinction between?
    frostmourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! gilet softair

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!