Monday, February 5, 2018

Annual Galentine's Party



Last week I had a few friends to the shop for the LOC Annual Galentine's party. It is something I have done for a few years, and I always love hosting. You can see past ones here. I have to admit, in past years I have gone all out, especially the years I had it at my house and wasn't throwing parties regularly. This year with the baby, I'm glad I had the party! Since we got back from Florida a couple weeks ago, I feel like I have been running around with my head cut off, and not going to lie, at times I wondered why I was throwing a party on top of everything. I have to say, I am so glad I did! A girls' night with some friends was just what I needed. It was fun, I got to play with some of our adorable products, and support some local favorites.







I pulled some of my Valentine favorites to use (and had some leftover from a photo shoot we did). As you know, I love to mix and match, so I pulled a little of everything. The lip plates and napkins are so fun! The gold heart plates are a good pop of metallic and the pink "wink" plates are so sweet. On the table I spread out lots of crafting supplies. I have my guests make homemade valentines, and I always get too busy chatting to make any of my own! I also pulled a Prosecco Pong set to use - I see a lot of use for future parties with this cute set. The new pottery mini bowls by local artist Sarah Zepick are perfect candy dishes. We only have a few left, so pop in to snag yours!





Donut Picture by Erin Kata Photography
Food, I wanted to keep simple and easy. Since the party started at 7:30, I figured most people would have eaten with their families. Plus, we have so much sickness going around, I wanted to avoid dips/sharing. I stuck with sweets, I mean it was a Valentine party after all. I ordered cookies from my go to, Sweet Sugarlious by Wendi. I have had a thing for heart sunglasses this year, so I ordered her a cookie cutter in that shape, and I LOVE how they turned out! How fun for any party throughout the year. I also picked up some delicious mini donuts from a new neighborhood spot, Miri's Minis. Highly recommend - so addicting!






To add a special touch to the party, especially since I didn't have the energy to go over the top, I asked Lamphouse Photo Booth Co. to setup their Birdie Booth! It is so cute, took away my need to come up with a backdrop, and captured fun photos. They are so fun to work with. They setup, designed an adorable photo sheet specific to the party (look at those heart sunnies!), and made everything so easy. Highly recommend for your events! Especially here at the shop - great idea for a kids' party activity or as a memory keepsake at a first birthday. Before the party, shop baby and I had some fun attempting to get a cute sheet of pictures. She wasn't really having it, but I love them anyways!


Thank you to everyone that came and helped me have an evening of rosé, grown up chat and silliness in the photo booth! If you are still needing Valentine party supplies for a girls' night, classroom party or just for a sweet breakfast with your kids, we have you covered! Stop in this week and snag your favs.

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!