Sunday, December 4, 2016

Nutcracker Tea Party



It's that time of year when little girls wear adorable holiday dresses, their dreams are filled with dancing Sugar Plum fairies and they are in the festive spirit. Yesterday, we hosted a Nutcracker Tea Party at the shop to kick off their holiday season and get them into the spirit of the season. It was honestly my favorite party thus far! When I first got in my Christmas merchandise for the store, I knew I wanted to do something with all of the adorable Nutcracker parties supplies. Then, when I was asked to do the MARK Arts Holiday Tables, I fell in love with the table setting. Definitely inspired me to throw a party for little girls!









Even better, my wonderful friend, Ilex, is on the Ballet Wichita board and thanks to her, we were able to arrange for performers to join! Ballet Wichita's Nutcracker Ballet is a fabulous production that is done on an annual basis. Little girls who love to dance dream of dancing on stage with the amazingly talented ballerinas. It was so fun to have some attend the tea party! The girls were able to take pictures with them, watched them twirl around and listened to their stories. Seriously the nicest group of dancers and they had fun with the littles who were in awe of them.










For food, I tried to keep things somewhat easy since I was feeding children. I asked beforehand if their were any allergies and then planned the menu from there. I went with peanut butter sandwiches that I cookie cutter cut into teapots (kind of looked like magic genie lamps lol), Chick-fil-a nuggets, fruit that I laid in a wreath shape, goldfish in little snack cups and cheese sticks that I decorated to look like nutcracker soldiers. For dessert, I relied on my favorite local bakers to come up with some gorgeous treats: cookies by Sweet Sugarlicious and cupcakes by Hannah Marko. Both looked amazing! I always love working with both of them and highly recommend (especially if you are in the College Hill area). I also put out some macaroons, which ended up being more entertainment than anything because most weren't sure what they were. "Fancy Cookies" ended up being the best way to describe them.











Everything came together great and I definitely couldn't have pulled it off without help from a few people. Shout out to Lily, my new employee, for helping put together the candy backdrop and rallying with me before the event; my brother for bringing the nuggets and getting roped into helping; the Nutcracker performers who also helped with some last minute setup (I told you they were the nicest!). Thank you to all of the attendees at the event! I hope you had a good time and your girls remember this as a special holiday event.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you to my amazingly talented friend Alison Moore who took these amazing photos. You captured everything beautifully and I always love seeing things through your point of view! If you are ever looking for a talented family photographer, she is your girl.







Stop in the store or head over to our website to shop these beautiful supplies and make sure to get your tickets today for Ballet Wichita's Nutcracker performance in a couple weeks!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!