Monday, May 26, 2014

Kansas City Weekend

This weekend we took a little trip up to Kansas City. It was a fabulous weekend and I'm so sad it's over! We did a lot of eating, shopping and hanging with good friends. Dustin got us a wonderful room at the Raphael on the Plaza (yay Marriott points!) and it was so nice being right on the plaza. We were able to walk over whenever we wanted, which made the weekend so easy. I know this probably makes me weird, but I had to take pictures of our room because it was so gorgeous and the warm tones were very inviting.

How fun is this wallpaper? If you have a blank wall behind your bed, this is a fun idea.

I took a picture of the bathroom because I love the subway tile and want it in our hall bathroom. Plus, I love how they framed the window with tile. We have an awkward window in our shower and I wasn't sure how to frame so it looks pretty.

Very comfortable and inviting sitting room. Plus we had a Plaza view - upgrade!
While on our shopping excursion, we found some very fun items. Here are a few of my favorites:

I found this pillow at HMK on the Plaza. I was obsessed the minute I saw it! HMK is a fun new store Hallmark started. It has custom wrapping, fun home items and monogram services. Sarah Watts is the designer of the pillow. They also have a cat on a couch pillow if you are a cat lover. Love her work.

We found this cute guy at Homegoods - he was just so fun, we had to get him for the sunroom. Of course, Teddy FA-REAKED when he saw them and barked for a good five minutes :)

A trip to Trader Joe's for some wine was a must! La Finca is our favorite (red cap) and then we got some others to try.

We stocked up...per usual!

The Little House is an adorable store in Kansas City that carries amazing kid/baby clothes. I had to get a present and look how cute they wrapped it!
Love random finds for my house, plus we did score some good clothes (Dustin even suited up at Halls - they are having good sales). Saturday night we had a delicious dinner at Cooper's Hawk - wine flights for under $15! The next day we went out to brunch with friends and Dustin's family. After that we did a very fun tour of Boulevard Brewery - best free tour ever! Thanks again to Hailey and Jake for going early to score our tickets. Sunday evening, we headed over to Megan & Leo's couple shower at his mom's house. Great time and loved seeing my KC gals!

Bridesmaid pic - Katy, Laura, Megan (the bride!), me & Sammy Jo - we missed you Emily & Jacque!
My hot date for the weekend!
Overall the weekend was a great way to start my birthday week! I loved hanging with all of my friends and eating so much yummy food. Definitely a great weekend getaway!

Happy Memorial Day and thanks to all of our amazing American heroes!
Lots of Love,

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!