Sunday, May 18, 2014

End Table Makeover

Last week I stumbled upon some fun, little end tables at Invio, a great furniture consignment store. If you follow them on Facebook, they post pictures of the new arrivals at their store. The minute I saw these, I knew I had to go buy them, so I could spice them up. They originally came from Target, which is funny because if I had seen these at Target, I might not have thought to give them a makeover. That's the great thing about finding second hand furniture, it inspires you to make it work!

Before:



I had to decide what color would work best. I wanted something fun and colorful, but it needed to match the living room. The room is blues, grays and greens. Staring at the spray paint for a while, I finally decided to go with a turquoise, icy blue. The other tables in the room are a similar color, so I thought it would be a good match up. I also wanted to spray paint the hardware on the pieces so they were a bright gold, plus I hated that the screws weren't matching the original copper color - made them stand out.

My big lesson from this project: If you have a product you trust, do not change it up. I went with a different brand of spray paint because I liked the color. It was awful and runny. Waste of money and time. Luckily, when I went out to Home Depot, they had the brand I trusted and a perfect color.

Below are the colors I used and the handy spray gun that I finally invested (big $3) in. Sorry I didn't take a pretty picture before using them. 

Rust-Oleum - Metallic was used on the hardware, blue on the piece and lacquer was to make it shiny.
Make sure to remove the hardware before spraying the piece.

I sprayed the hardware with metallic gold and it looks so much better!
After:




I love how they turned out! They are a fun pop of color and I love the gold accents. If you love how they turned out and want to make one of your own, there is still one left at Invio!

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!