Thursday, April 19, 2018

Grandma's 90th Birthday - Mother's Day Idea


I stumbled upon the pictures from my grandmother's 90th birthday in December, and realized I never shared them. Mother's Day is coming up, and I thought this little table setup could inspire you to throw a beautiful brunch or dinner for a mother figure in your life (or send this to your significant other, so they can throw one for YOU!).




My grandma is an incredible woman and was beyond deserving of a wonderful 90th birthday celebration. When my cousin came to visit from Minnesota, we decided to have a little girls' dinner. We wanted to make it special, and add personal touches. We chose a local restaurant, Newport Grill, to host the occasion. They were great and let me come early to setup. Highly recommend for a special occasion dinner.



On the table, I wanted to use an idea I found on Pinterest a long time ago. For each place setting, I added a small floral arrangement with a photo of the guest with the birthday girl. I snuck down to my grandma's basement while she was distracted with the baby to find old pictures. That woman did not like to be in photographs! Hopefully your guest of honor let people take her picture with people she loves. Luckily, she did have old photos as a young girl in her 20s, so I got a fab picture for her spot!  The flowers were done by The Plaid Giraffe. They did such a wonderful job! I used floral card sticks to add the pictures to them. It was fun for the table to have pictures to look at. Definitely brings a personal element! Around the flowers, I sprinkled some rose gold confetti because it was a birthday, and birthdays call for pretty confetti.



For the queen baker of the family, it's hard to find a worthy dessert. When I saw Milkfloat's pink peppermint pie on social media, I knew it would be perfect - pink and peppermint! She loves peppermint ice cream at Christmas time. It was delicious and it's always fun supporting local!


It was such a fun evening and my beautiful grandma had a wonderful time! For Mother's Day, mini spring flower arrangements would be gorgeous. If you area able to find old photos, those can be the most fun for conversation starters! Make sure to stop by the shop or head to our website to pick out cards, gifts, and party supplies for the special day.


Lots of Love,

1 comment:

  1. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! how i met your mother big days

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!