Saturday, June 10, 2017

Summer Wine Tasting




This past week, we hosted another wine tasting with the fabulous Whitney from Jacob Liquor Exchange. In honor of National Rosé Day, I decided to share the fun details! Yes, it is apparently a holiday, and yes, I think you all should have a glass to celebrate! Attendees of the wine tasting, were served four different wines to try and I had a table of hors d'oeuvres for them to munch on. Whitney also brought handouts with tips for entertaining and a delicious recipe for frozen rosé popsicles - yum!










Food wise, I always get cheese recommendations from Whitney. They are always unique and go well with the wines being served. Dillons at Central and Rock has a great cheese counter with a lot to choose from, plus they are helpful when you have questions. I paired the cheese with some everything seasoned crackers and my favorite butterfly shaped butter crackers. Nuts like almonds and pistachios are good, easy snacks that most people enjoy. I also served some hummus with pita bread to make sure people had enough substance for the wine ahead! For dessert, I wanted something unique and local, so I reached out to our friends at Milkfloat. Their homemade poptarts for the month are raspberry and Twix flavored. They were a hit! I definitely recommend if you are in Wichita and looking for a fun, sweet outing.







For the tasting, we setup one large table and set each place setting with a place mat, Riedel wine glasses provided by Whitney and their tasting sheets. Plus, I added a Sugarfina box of Rosé All Day gummy bears as a fun party favor! Who doesn't love something pretty and tasty to take home? Great favor if you are having a wine get together yourself (we have lots of varieties at the shop). For the wines, Whitney started with a Rosé, then poured a Vinho Verde, Sauvignon Blanc and finished with a red. With each wine she discussed the suitable occasions and pairings. All were great for summer entertaining!



It was a fun evening full of chatting, drinking and eating. Perfect excuse to get out with your friends or family. Thank you Whitney for spending the evening with us and sharing your extensive wine knowledge! Also, thank you to everyone that came out for the event. You were a great group! Being pregnant this time, I wasn't able to enjoy the wines, but they all seemed to be well liked. Head over to Jacob Liquor Exchange to pick up some for your next party this summer!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!