Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Rose Gold Llama Birthday

Post written by shop girl Rachel...



When I set out to plan our daughter's first birthday party, I knew I wanted to incorporate two things: the gorgeous unicorn cake I've seen all over the internet and lovely botanicals from Rifle Paper Co. My sheer indecisiveness led to this gorgeous result.






We have always thought of Kaia as our little wildflower so decorating with fresh blooms seemed natural.  I came across the idea of using pegboard to create a floral backdrop and ran with it. I used peach carnations, pink peonies and magenta carnations mixed with greenery to create a petite bloom back drop. In total, the project took about 2.5 hours, including sourcing the pegboard from Lowe's. We secured the backdrop with zip ties to keep little ones safe. Next to Kaia's high chair, I tied flat eucalyptus onto a Studio Pep confetti balloon and had a rose gold "1" balloon. I placed vases filled with ranunculus, carnations, kale stems, flat eucalyptus, green bell and cocculus around the party space. The rose gold vases were the perfect accents on top of the mint birch wrapping sheets.  On the back tables, I attached monthly photos to rose gold and blush balloons.




I decorated the kids' table with Rifle Paper Co. Wildflower wrapping sheets, rose gold plates, scalloped cups and added favors as the centerpiece. We used Studio Pep's Dream confetti to stuff 5" clear balloons, then attached them to pretty straws to create a wand. I wrapped the ends with rose gold braided ribbon and placed a little extra ribbon and confetti on the table for decor. The kids played with those balloons throughout the party and took them home at the end!


I find providing entertainment at a first birthday to be a bit challenging.  I wanted to find a way to engage both the kids and adults. For the kids (and certainly a game for adults too!) we played Pin the Tail on the Llama and offered bubbles as a prize for the winner. The dress up closets at Love of Character were perfect to occupy the older kids while the baby leisurely, yes leisurely, smashed into her cake.






We served cold-brew coffee and mimosas for the adults and since the party took place at 10am, we kept the food light with a simple fruit salad, veggie tray and treats. On the birthday cake, we left off the horn and added texture to make her look like a llama. Kaia smashed into a homemade, dairy & gluten-free banana cake that I topped with an adorable wooden "one". We served macaroons, cupcakes and offered dairy & gluten-free mini cakes to accommodate the allergy needs of our party guests.



The girls wore matching flower crowns by Avery & Grey and I found Kaia's sweet, pink dress from Wren & James. Both worked well together and matched the look of the morning.

We host gift-less parties for our girls and instead requested that guests bring diapering supplies to donate to a local charity. The shop's small scalloped kids table made a cute staging area for boxes of diapers and baby products.

I had so much fun putting together this party and we are excited to provide a new option for party backdrops using pegboard for your parties too!


Shop this post: 

Shop in store:
Rose Gold 1 Balloon | Avery & Grey Flower Crowns | Braided Rose Gold Metallic Ribbon | Rifle Paper Co. Wrapping Sheets

Backdrop inspiration http://lovelyindeed.com/diy-floral-photo-backdrop/

Lots of Love,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. hello! this is one the most beautiful parties I've seen!
    where did you get/purchased the invitation? I loved it!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had fun with it. She purchased off of Paperless Post, but I believe the paper printing service has moved to Paper Source. Hope that helps!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!