Monday, September 5, 2016

Lola's Tea Time



You all know my love for tea parties, so when a cute mom, Lisa, reached out to me about doing one at the shop, I of course jumped on board! She came in and picked out colorful plates and napkins from our tea party collection. She mentioned that a friend of hers had vintage tea cups for them to use and I knew they'd go well with the vintage high tea inspired paper product I carry. I love mixing and matching different floral patterns.




Since I already had a turf backdrop up from the prior week's Flamingle party, we decided to make it a garden tea party look. I added flower pom poms and a cute new butterfly garland we just got in to tie in the garden aspect. Then for an extra touch, I added my favorite, the "love" script balloon. It ended up being a really cute backdrop to the party.




We had a pretty quick turnaround after another event at the shop, but Lisa and I got things arranged quickly. Lola, the birthday girl, showed up in a gorgeous little dress, and then in followed her adorable girlfriends (squeals and all). They were so excited to spend the afternoon together and "catch up." For the activities, Lisa found flower headbands, pearls and white gloves for them to play dress up, and also put together a "Pin the Tea Cup on the Saucer" game (such a perfect idea!). Next, they sat down for tea time and Lola's brother served them drinks and treats. It was so cute to watch them interact.







For snacks, Lisa cut cheese into fun shapes, made fruit kabobs and tea sandwiches. She also had some fancy crackers and cookies in the mix as well. All delicious and tea appropriate. Lola's grandmother made her a gorgeous cake for the party, as well as coordinating cupcakes. Always special when a family member can add their own special touch to the event.




While setting the table was fun, my favorite part was catching tid bits of conversations going on between the little ladies. At one point the birthday girl exclaimed "Oh ladies, thank you! These are so wonderful" in the sweetest, more proper voice while opening gifts. They were excited to have a chance to play together and I was excited to host them in our event space.




If you are interested in hosting your next event in our space, please reach out to me! We have hosted everything from showers to birthday parties to pop up shops, and would love to help you. If you are having a tea party and needing supplies, we sell almost everything you saw in the pictures, in our shop. Our website is under some maintenance right now, so feel free to e-mail me on specific items if you are unable to find them.


Special thanks for Lisa and Lola for letting me help on the birthday party. It was so fun to put together and the pictures definitely bring a smile to my face! Hope you both with your family, had a great time.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!