Monday, January 11, 2016

Confetti Everywhere! Charity Brainstorm


Our house has literally been taken over by confetti this month. Very exciting that we've had so many orders and they have definitely kept us busy. Even Teddy has been covered...



Confetti for days! People have been ordering them for birthdays, weddings, bachelorette parties, gender reveals and even had some last minute orders for NYE. So fun! I love showering people's parties with confetti, even if it gets a little messy.

Photo via Customer - Gender Reveal Pops
Photo via Customer - Will You Be My Bridesmaid Pops
This post isn't only about the colorful confetti we've been showering you with, however, it's also about wanting to follow the first picture of this post (a wonderful print you should purchase from Etsy!) - Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti. Over the past year, I've been trying to dream up ways to make someone's life in my hometown a happier one.

While working on parties for adorable children, it hit me that I want a child who is having a hard time, either financially, health wise or family wise, to have a fabulous birthday too! Growing up, I planned my birthday party for months. I would tab things in American Girl Magazine (such a good one!) and scheme up great ideas. We were on a budget, which meant DIYing a good portion of the party - definitely made Twinkies look like girls in sleeping bags and so wish I had a picture. It was the highlight of my year. Every child deserves that at least once and Love of Character wants to make that happen for at least one lucky child a year!

I am still working on finalizing the details, but will definitely keep you all posted on the progress. To raise money, I'm thinking of selling, you guessed it, confetti pops! I will have them on sale at our booth at the Wichita Mom's Blog Birthday Bash (which you all should attend if you are local) and will post them for sale on our website when we have the new one up and running (hopefully soon!). They will be special edition "Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti" pops. Then I will promote the event and ask you all to do so as well, so we can find children to write in why they deserve a fun filled birthday party. If this sounds like something you'd like to be apart of, reach out! I'd love to work with you and have you involved in the planning.


Back to our confetti making! Shipped out 100 today for a birthday party and have another 50 going out later this week for a wedding. Confetti everywhere!!!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!