Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Homemade Luggage Tags

When I had my bachelorette party last year, I wanted to get all the girls attending a special little something to get them excited for the fun weekend ahead. After looking around for personalized gifts, I decided to get crafty and make them something. Since we were all flying down to Phoenix, cute luggage tags were the perfect gift. I did a little bit of research online and looked around on Etsy and Pinterest to find the best way to create a homemade luggage tag. Consolidated my favorite looks and came up with the following...

1. Order the laminated pouches:
After reading reviews, I decided to go with the Scotch Self-Seal Laminating Pouches.
2. Find cute scrapbook paper, two sided is best - the size depends on what your printer can handle (letter or 12x12 paper). On your computer, type up the initial or monogram you need.  Either type up the contact information on the back of the paper - have to line up correctly - or type up the information on sticker paper and stick it on the back. Cut down the paper to the correct size of your pouch. You have to make sure there is room around the paper for the lamination to stick together.


3. The laminating pouches I ordered came with plastic pulls to make them useful luggage tags. To brighten them up, I added fun ribbons at the top:


Photos via me
Voila! Fun, easy and cute gift personalized for the receiver. You can print out whatever you like. I liked the look of the big initial and I used black so it stood out against the bright patterns. Great for a birthday gift, welcome gift or a just because.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts & ideas!